The Desktop Support Technician II is responsible for support to Home Office, remote users and restaurant field management; responding to and tracking escalated incidents and problems using our ITSM ticketing system. Responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop and laptop computers and associated peripheral devices, ensuring IS technology standards, controls and procedures are followed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide professional and courteous best in class RSO Corporate Office desktop support for all internal desktop, laptop, printer and cell phone issues in accordance to our ticket SLA.
- Log accurate records of all support incidents to include problem description, troubleshooting methods, conversations with customer and resolution.
- Install and configure desktop hardware and software as necessary.
- Adds and deletes user accounts, and groups according to required forms (new hire, termination) and perform security profile changes with proper authorizations
- Facilitate computer and phone moves, adds, and changes
- Setup new computer hardware using standard Operating System images
- Responsible for facilitating mobile device (smart phone, tablet) requests, cancellations, troubleshooting and disposal of old equipment
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the company desktop systems and associated applications.
- Maintain accurate hardware & software inventory
- Document the installation, and maintenance procedures for all deployed hardware, and software
- Provide support for escalated restaurant field management issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical incidents that may arise after hours.
- May be assigned additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Associates degree; job related experience may substitute for education.
- ITIL Foundations, HDI Desktop Support Technician certifications desirable
- CompTIA A+, N+ and/or Microsoft MCP certification desirable
- Intermediate knowledge of PC hardware, and configuration
- 3-5 years experience in the installation, configuration and support of Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 10 client operating systems.
- 3-5 years experience in the installation, configuration and support of Microsoft Office 2007 and above.
- 3-5 years experience with Active Directory and Exchange Management Tools
- 2-3 years experience configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Experience with use of ticketing systems to document, track and resolution of incidents and completion of requests.
- Intermediate networking knowledge ie:TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Intellectual Requirements
- Capable of multi-tasking in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated organization skill
- Effective problem solver
- Excellent written, and oral communications skills to effectively partner with internal customers to discuss proposed solutions or existing issues
- Effective collaboration and relationship management within IS and our Business customers.
- Trustworthy, straightforward and candid
- Deal promptly with any issue that surfaces
- Give positive, encouraging and informative feedback to others
- Have an outgoing personality to help invite people to approach you with information
- Motivate others with one’s own vision and plans challenging them to accept and execute.
- Desire for continuous learning
- Ability to persist in the face of obstacles
- Attentive and responsive to customer needs
- Show passion and excitement in all facets of work
ADA Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Must be able to travel moderately
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 10 pounds) during the course of the workday
If you are interested or know of someone qualified for this position, we offer an excellent referral compensation program. Please send us your resume or your referrals contact information immediately.