Our Customer located in Southwest Phoenix with a Customer Data Center in North Phoenix is looking for a Senior Network engineer to join their Network Engineering Group. This position is responsible for the research of emerging network technologies, refinement of Customer Network environments, and day to day operational troubleshooting and support of a Corporate Headquarter and a multiple datacenter network. This will include planning, selecting, designing, building and maintaining all network components including routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection, SDWAN, wireless and load balancers. This person will be required to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical groups (including leadership team members).
In addition, this person will be required to manage projects in the network area using the customers project management methodology and change control process. This position will establish policies, procedures and standards to operate and maintain those network components. The position will also include aspects of customer support and vendor management.
- Thorough understanding of Converged Networks.
- Must have a good grasp of all vendor products and must keep abreast of emerging technologies in the network arena.
- Network Services Engineering Architecture focusing on the set of services that design, configure and administer network devices for the distributed computing environment. Emphasis on delivery of network architecture, network strategy and network security.
- Fault Management focusing on the processes and activities involved with monitoring the systems and networks of the distributed computing environment on a real-time basis to isolate, diagnoses, log, resolve, and prevent network problems.
- Performance Management focusing on the processes and activities involved with gathering, storing, and analyzing statistics on the factors that influence network performance. Including network monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Vendor Management including cost management, relationship management, and cost management.
- Security Management to ensure the protection of the hardware, software, and data resources of the environment. Focusing on the prevention of service loss, detection of security violations, and restoration of services in the event of a service loss.
- Ensure 24x7x365 availability for mission critical network services.
- Assists in establishing performance standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or Certification in Computer Science or equivalent is a MUST
- 6 years of networking hands on experience in a multi-datacenter enterprise environment
- In-depth experience with Cisco UCS, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
Prerequisite Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of network tools including Cisco management and security tools, OpNet, Netscout and IDS.
- Experienced with LAN/WAN/SDWAN/VPN/VLAN and remote network technologies and protocols (such as, but not limited to, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, Ethernet, Frame, EIGRP, and BGP) Cisco routers, switches, firewall devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot network hardware problems, utilize network analyzers and test equipment, and understand the relationship between the network and production applications.
- Prefer CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certification
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and availability to interview to us immediately or if you know of someone that is qualified and looking for a new leadership opportunity, we have an excellent referral program if you forward someone to us and we put them to work. We look forward to hearing from you.