Our Customer located in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking a Sr. SQL DB Administrator who can design, develop, and maintain Microsoft SQL OLTP and OLAP databases in development, testing, and production environments. Administers and supports third-party vendor databases. Writes database code (stored procedures, scripts, triggers) and Integration Services packages for standalone use or for use by application programs. Implements and maintains adherence to accepted security standards. Oversees the stabilization and performance optimization of production databases. Functions as a Subject Matter Expert on database development and support.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with programming and database systems coursework or equivalent database administration experience.
- 4+ years as a SQL Database Administrator with progressively higher-level experience leading to a Senior Database Administrator role or equivalent.
- Experience with all facets of the SQL Server Services group: Database Services, Reporting services, Integration Services. . Version 2008 R2, SQL 2012, and SQL 2014
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Experience in implementing SQL 2014 Clustering
- Experience following the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2012.
- SQL 2012 and higher Analysis Services
- Knowledge of SQL 2014 Always On
- Team Foundation Server 2012
- Actifio Backup Software Solution
- Responsible for managing Microsoft SQL data base platforms to include performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting. When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Maintains SQL databases in development, Quality Assurance, and production environments.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Designs, recommends and promotes implementation of required database structures. Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Performs security related functions centered on NIST compliance including, automated scan reviews and remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Acts as a technical resource for application and data users, data administrators and others.
- Serves as point of contact with technical peers for the resolution of infrastructure-related issues.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, privacy and government security policies.
- Provides technical support and guidance for applications programming in support of all aspects of database systems.
- Monitors and enforces standards for all database platforms.
- Creates databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, SQL Reports and all other objects.
- Create and support SQL Integration Service packages.
- Administer both internal and external facing SQL Reporting Services implementation in development, testing and production.
- Defines the content and structure of the database (schema) and advises users on efficient techniques for extracting data.
- Consults with development groups concerning the impact new applications will have on the database.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date database system documentation.
- Supports all phases of testing. Correct errors and make necessary database modifications.
- Applies patches and application upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Advanced knowledge of database design, development, and maintenance practices and principles, with specific experience in Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 and higher. Strong knowledge of SQL Server database service, Integrations service and Reporting service, and familiarity with SQL Analysis Service. Advanced knowledge in database procedures, tools, and utilities for maintaining and optimizing databases; strong understanding of database structure, application servers, and application infrastructure. Understanding and experience implementing NIST security standards utilizing DOD STIGS.
Problem Solving / Analysis
Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment; Has a realistic understanding of relevant issues
Ability to organize tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems, within time constraints and with available resources; Detail-oriented.
Multi-Tasking / Time Management
Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicate clearly, and draw sound conclusions.
High Intensity Environment
Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with multiple activities occurring simultaneously while maintaining focus and control of workflow.
Coping / Flexibility
Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach is required.
Ability to function in a multi-system Microsoft environment using Word, Outlook, Intranet, the Internet, and department software applications.
Communication / People Skills
Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances; Adapt to different styles; Listen critically; Collaborate.
If you are interested or know of someone qualified for this position, we offer an excellent referral compensation program. Please send us your resume or your referrals contact information immediately.