Our Customer is looking for a full time hire Solution Architect to assist them with growing their San Diego or Phoenix Cloud and Managed Services consulting business. The position of Solutions Architect is responsible for Defining, Designing, Architecting, Assessing, Developing, Implementing, and Managing Technology Implementation Solutions. The individual will work within their IT Operations Center to initiate, design, build, test, and implement Solutions within their Technology Stack (Network, Server, Storage, Data Center) Environment both on customer premise and within the Company Data Center). Must have strong Infrastructure Support, Design and Implementation experience. In addition, this position requires an individual with strong knowledge of and/or experience in the administration, performance, monitoring and troubleshooting of infrastructure components and must be able to translate Customer Requirements, Objectives and/or Strategies into Infrastructure Solutions. The Candidate filling this role must be a skilled communicator and experienced with the design, testing, and monitoring of Technology Enterprise Class Products, Solutions and Services. Develop system requirements and deploy new integration application and infrastructure solutions with internal customer development teams, business partners and Technical Personnel.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. The SE is a high impact, very prominent role responsible for establishing Nutanix as an innovative technical leader for enterprise and closing enterprise transactions within assigned territories.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and exceptional customer focus.
- Present Nutanix Solutions value proposition to customers and partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions at the pre-sales PoC deployments.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions.
- Ability to leverage and maximize reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales performance.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers remotely or at customer locations/Nutanix facilities.
- Thorough understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing.
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars within the customer or customer client environment
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ.
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge.
- Direct professional experience with VMware.
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux/UNIX, Cloud, Virtualization and other Technology Stack components.
- 5+ years of Leadership, Infrastructure Architecture, and emerging Technology Evaluation Experience
- 5+ years of Network, Server and Storage (WAN, LAN, Windows, SAN and NAS) Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Windows Administrator with emphasis on configuring, building and maintaining operating systems and clusters.
- Ability to Architect, Design and Implement Enterprise Level IT Solutions based upon individual Customer Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Internet technologies: (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, and DNS)
- Solid understanding of Virtualization Technology Solutions
- Ability to comprehend, diagnose and analyze problems of a complex nature quickly, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solution.
- Ability to build and maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage multiple vendor relationships and solutions.
- Ability to explain solutions at the Executive Level
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.
- Certifications in Virtualization Solutions, Network, Server O/S, or Storage related Technologies is a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.