Our Customer located in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking 2 Senior ETL Developer who will be responsible for design and development of ETL in support of data management. This role will cover full systems development life cycle (SDLC) phases including requirements gathering, data analysis, system design, development, implementation and post implementation support. During the design phase, the role will work closely with data architect to produce data models that follow industry best practices and company standards. During the development phase, the role will perform database development and ETL (extraction, transformation, and loading) development. This role serves as a lead and/or mentor to peers and less experienced developers.
- Collaborate with users, business analysts, developers, database administrators, and project managers on reporting and data management projects.
- Serves as a lead in determining logic for database development; mentors less experienced developers
- Gather ETL requirements from business analysts and owners to produce requirements documents.
- Collaborate with data architect to create conceptual, logical, and physical data models for reporting databases.
- Develop database objects and create ETL processes.
- Create databases, table spaces, Tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, and other database objects.
- Defines the content and structure of the database (schema) and advise users on efficient techniques for extracting data.
- Implement changes and provide post-implementation user support and system support.
- Provide informed feedback to the information technology staff to support the design, development, and implementation of the Company’s data architecture for historical reporting and analysis.
- Identify and advocate beneficial change opportunities.
- Acts as a technical resource for application and data users, data administration, and others.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA privacy and government security policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field with programming and database systems coursework or equivalent database development experience.
- 4+ years of experience in an ETL developer role with exposure to data management, data warehousing, or business intelligence.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience with data warehouse tasks consisting of mapping, architecture design, requirements management, profiling, analysis, integrity checking, impact analysis, etc.
- Experience in gathering business requirements from cross functional teams.
- Proficient with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MSSQL, and Visual Studio on projects using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience with SDLC processes and TFS or comparable source control tool.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in an ETL Developer role with exposure to data management, data warehousing, or business intelligence.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Server (SSIS) version 2016, MSSQL Server 2016, and Visual Studio 2015.
- Experience with the following tools:
- OLAP (SSAS or comparable product)
- ERWin, ERStudio, or other comparable data modeling tools.
- Redgate or other comparable data comparison tools
- Star and snowflake schemes.
- Experience with data analysis in the healthcare industry
- Experience in a team or project lead role with focus on mentoring.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.