Our Customer located in Scottsdale, Arizona is seeking a Point of Sale (POS)/Systems Engineer for Restaurant Technology to design and maintain configuration solutions in the Kitchen Display Systems (KDS) and Point of Sale (POS) systems for the customer. The Business Systems Analyst will work with the different business units to understand their needs, clarify requirements, and implement requested changes. This position is also a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will be responsible for providing technical troubleshooting, problem identification, and problem resolution. This role will also manage quality assurance (QA) tasks related to projects such as test plans, use cases, and creation and execution of test scripts.
What you will do:
- Maintain in depth knowledge of POS SME
- Understand and update as needed current configuration of POS systems in customer restaurants
- Provide SME and support for the Update of menus, pricing, tax rates, comps and promos in the POS and supporting applications
- Understand and support as needed the current configuration of third-party software integrations to the POS solution in Customer’s restaurants.
- Maintain Kitchen Display Systems
- Maintain and deploy configuration datasets in QA labs and in Production for the KDS
- Program and deploy updates to Aloha POS, QSR’s ConnectSmart Kitchen and third-party integrations
- Operate in all stages of a SDLC for projects
- Collaborate with business partners to drive and document use cases, business processes, as well as functional and non-functional business requirements aligned with strategic initiatives
- Clarify requirements, coordinate key decision making, and ensure all open questions are answered allowing for accurate estimation and development
- Translate use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, as well as process flows into specific, tangible, prioritized system changes and acceptance criteria signed-off by business partners
- Establish traceability of requirements from identification through testing
- Document functional and technical requirements with appropriate techniques aligned with business and technical needs
- Identify risks/gaps in business process as it relates to technical solutions and recommend solutions
- Create functional and technical design and work with Developers/engineers on product build
- Create, execute and Manage Test strategies, plans and scripts
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and ad-hoc user training
- Coordinate deployment of the capability and transition to support teams as required
- Track and work with vendors to report and resolve defects and bugs in third party applications
What you need to have:
- Associates Degree, or minimum of 5 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- 4+ years technology-related experience with a focus in POS Systems support
- 4+ years’ experience in application implementations end-to-end as an analyst
- Demonstrated experience on PC/LAN and/or POS hardware systems.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues then recommending and implementing strategies to resolve those issues.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Inquisitive nature able to drive clear and concise requirements through clarifying questions; and drive functional design based on requirements
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.