Our Customer located in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer interested in contributing to the build-out of a Dev/Ops process and methodology. The Sr. Dev Ops Engineer role is to help plan, develop and deploy software applications. This individual will drive the deployment of application code by closely working with the in-house application development, data management, and infrastructure teams or with our cloud providers from the initial deployment to ongoing management and maintenance of Systems. The right individual will own and improve our integration, deployment and monitoring story and work closely with developers to solve systems problems and collaborate with our security team to deliver system changes.
- Own and develop processes and software to provision, configure, maintain, and manage a diverse set of physical and cloud infrastructure.
- Provision, administer and maintain physical and cloud infrastructure for custom diverse software applications.
- Create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development systems for our software engineers
- Design, test, certify and document new systems, environments and cloud services
- Collaborate with software development, IT operations, and network/security to coordinate delivery of product features and enhancements as well as automate and streamline software delivery operations and processes.
- Implement configuration management for development and production environments.
- Create and support tools that automate the process of building and maintaining development stacks and unify development processes so they closely match those used in operational deployments.
- Design, Develop and Maintain software development framework to be used by development and test teams
- Design and develop software systems as required by the institute.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks and proactively mine data on performance, availability, and usability of software systems.
- Work with application owners and developers to identify and resolve security vulnerabilities in all deployed applications
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations including setting up alerts for build failures or performance degradation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Utilize experience and knowledge of various hardware and software based firewall architectures and network/cloud security concepts
- Utilize experience and knowledge to build highly scalable enterprise systems.
- Manages backup and recovery systems in all cloud services environments, including but not limited to AWS.
- Strong background in Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration and scripting
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider Amazon Web Services and/or Azure or other IaaS Environments
- At least 2 or more years’ experience provisioning, operating, and managing Cloud environments
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience in roles like dev-ops engineer, system administrator, and network management.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable experience in cloud automation and orchestration.
- At least 2 years direct experience as a Software Developer for major applications/ product development and release using Java.
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment
- Knowledge of best-practice security and networking techniques for an Internet-facing system
- Expertise in using Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases for web application development.
- Experience with Maven, Subversion and Jenkins/Hudson
- Excellent coding and debugging skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent System Administration experience
- Experience with working in a highly dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Experience in working on multiple projects at a same time
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand
- Scripting (bash shell, PowerShell)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Nice to Have’s:
- Experience in a DevOps engineer-like role in healthcare, biotech, pharma domain.
- Experience in working with onshore/offshore teams
- Amazon Web Services certification highly desired
- Extensive experience in an Agile/Scrum or equivalent development lifecycle
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.