Our Customer located in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their Network Engineering and Support Group. This position is responsible for the research of emerging network technologies, refinement of Customer Network environments, and day to day operational troubleshooting and support of their data network engineering environments. This will include planning, selecting, designing, building, and maintaining all network components including routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection, VOIP, wireless and load balancers. This person will be required to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical groups (including leadership).
In addition, this person will be required to manage projects in the network area using the customers project management methodology and change control process. This position will establish policies, procedures, and standards to operate and maintain those network components. The position will also include aspects of customer support and vendor management.
- Thorough understanding of Converged Networks, primarily CISCO UCS solutions.
- Must have a good grasp of all vendor products and must keep abreast of emerging technologies in the network arena.
- Network Services Engineering Architecture focusing on the set of services that design, configure, and administer network devices for the distributed computing environment. Emphasis on project management and delivery, network architecture, network strategy and network security.
- Fault Management focusing on the processes and activities involved with monitoring the systems and networks of the distributed computing environment on a real-time basis to isolate, diagnoses, log, resolve, and prevent network problems.
- Performance Management focusing on the processes and activities involved with gathering, storing, and analyzing statistics on the factors that influence network performance. Including network monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Vendor Management including cost management, relationship management, and cost management.
- Security Management to ensure the protection of the hardware, software, and data resources of the environment. Focusing on the prevention of service loss, detection of security violations, and restoration of services in the event of a service loss.
- Ensure 24x7x365 availability for mission critical network services.
- Assists in establishing performance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Cisco ASA
- Needs to be able to set one up from scratch.
- Experience with multi-context ASA.
- At least an understanding of how the FirePower solution works.
- Clustering knowledge is a plus
- CCNA required, or at least had it at one point.
- CCNP preferred
- How it works
- Peering and relationships
- Route-maps and filtering
- Policy Routing (at least know what it is)
- Proficiency with BGP. This means that they need to understand the following:
- Nexus Switching
- Needs to understand VPC and how-to setup Nexus switches.
- Needs to understand design/architecture for datacenters (3-tier design)
- At the very least know what it is.
- SDWAN/iWAN experience would be great.
- Datacenter SDN (Leaf/Spine) would be great.
- CCNA required
- CCNP strongly preferred
- Some Pre-Sales and/or Architecture experience is needed.
- Bachelor's degree or Certification in Computer Science or equivalent is a MUST
- 6 years of networking hands on experience
- In-depth experience with Cisco UCS, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- 5 years of management experience including vendor and cost management
PREREQUISITE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of network tools including Cisco management and security tools, OpNet, Netscout and IDS.
- Experienced with LAN/WAN/VPN/VLAN and remote network technologies and protocols (such as, but not limited to, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, Ethernet, Frame, EIGRP, and BGP) Cisco routers, switches, firewall devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot network hardware problems, utilize network analyzers and test equipment, and understand the relationship between the network and production applications.
- Prefer CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certification
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.