Our customer in Phoenix, Arizona is currently looking for a Windows/RHEL/VMWare Engineer to support both their Cloud and Managed Service Datacenter server environments as well as one of their Major On-site Managed Services Customers.
The sky is the limit for a hard-working career orientated individual who wants to be with a company that runs a career orientated environment and has the interpersonal skills to work with large teams and share the Passion, Dedication and Commitment they possess to ensure customers satisfaction - if this is you, then you need to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for this role would include:
- Provide Primary Support in the Architecture, Administration and Day-to-Day support of their VMWare ESXi 5.5, Horizon 7.x running ESXi 6.x environments (Server and Desktop VDI)
- Install, configure, maintain and support Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 and Red Hat Linux v5 and v7 operating systems software for all local and remote systems.
- 2003/2008/2012 Active Directory design and implementation. Advanced.
- VMware Administration on various platforms. Advanced
- VMware assessments\design and implementation. Advanced
- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Cloud Platform, Design, Implementation and troubleshooting. Advanced.
- Provide Support, Administration and Provisioning expertise in a NetApp OnTap v 9.3P4
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Assumes total responsibility for work assigned and delivers on commitments
- Takes ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement of the computing environments
- Able to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities
- Assists management in the development of server and data center standards to reduce business operating costs
- Collaborates with other IT teams in the implementation of processes which enhance the stability of IT and business operations
- Solves problems related to installation, implementation, maintenance, and operations of client infrastructure.
- Identifies opportunities for ongoing consolidation, virtualization, and efficiency based improvements
- Design hardware configurations and conduct hardware capacity planning for VMware and Windows environments.
- Install, evaluate and maintain service packs, hot-fixes and security patches on VMware and Windows systems.
- Carry out modifications and upgrades for software / hardware on VMware/Windows systems in accordance with Change Control Procedures - (following customer’s Change Control process is considered a condition of employment when hiring)
- Analyze and resolve problems that may arise during the course of normal operations. Advanced Troubleshooting skills.
- Team work oriented
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- VMware Certified Professional is preferred.
- Preferable RHEL Certification.
- Preferable Windows MCSE Certified.
- Extensive working experience in Large Enterprise environments.
- Extensive working experience with project based solutions for our client community.
- Extensive working experience in administering, engineering, designing VMware and Windows solutions and the application of Group and security policy in heterogeneous networking environments.
- Minimum 4 years solid working experience on VMware Platforms.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Senior Windows 2003/2008/2012 systems engineer
- At least 2 years working experience with vCloud director, VCOPS, VCAC, vCO, VCM, SRM.
- Experience with VMware scripting for automation tasks
- Advanced VMware and Windows troubleshooting skills.
- Participate in department initiatives for Problem, Change Management and Contingency Planning as required.
- Practical Working knowledge of network (Cisco Switches, Firewall and Routers security practices) related to design and implementation of Windows and VMware platforms.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Microsoft and VMWare technology software stacks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including presentation
If you are interested, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not interested or not qualified for this position, but know of someone who is, we offer a compensated referral program.